15 Favorite Books
Katie started a meme on her blog a few days ago in order to scope out some new reading material. Since I’ve seen so many interesting books on the resulting lists, I thought I’d take part too.
(In no particular order)
1. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
2. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
3. Child of the Phoenix by Barbara Erskine
4. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
5. Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet
6. Captain Corelli’s Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres
7. The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
8. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
9. The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx
10. Into the Forest by Jean Hegland
11. The River Why by David Duncan
12. On Rue Tatin by Susan Herrmann Loomis
13. Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
14. The Birth House by Ami Mckay
15. Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel
It’s so hard to stop at 15!
If any of you enjoy similar kinds of books and have some read-alikes to recommend, please do!