Danielle tagged me with this meme the other day. The idea is that I’m supposed to list 8 things about myself (facts or habits).
At this point I can’t even think of one, so this should be fun!
1. I’ve seen “The Princess Bride” so many times that I can recite the dialogue from the entire movie from beginning to end.
2. I moved across the country (to Antigonish, Nova Scotia) when I was 19 to be closer to the guy I fell in love with while working for the summer in Waterton, Alberta (a gorgeous resort town in the Rockies). The relationship ended after almost 3 years, but I came away with many good friends, several of whom moved back to BC with me when it all fell apart.
3. I hate making small talk. It’s a wonder I have any friends at all, considering the lengths I will go to to avoid making polite chit chat.
4. I was obsessed with scary books and movies as a teen. I watched every horror movie and read every Stephen King book that I could get my hands on. I think it was a reaction to be quite fearful as a child (my own way of desensitizing myself I suppose).
5. I’m a total animal lover. In fact, I like animals more than I like a lot of people (maybe it’s because they don’t expect me to make small talk). My mom says I used to carry dead animals home in my jacket so I could give them a decent burial.
6. I’m a night owl. If everyone else I know didn’t have to go to bed at a decent time, I’d happily stay up until 2:00 am every night. I once had a job that required me to get up at 3:30 am, and I actually ended up kind of liking those early mornings (except on those nights when I couldn’t fall asleep by 8:30), but I tend to have more energy at night than I do earlier in the day.
7. I love houses. When I was a teenager I used to blow my money on architectural magazines, but nowadays I’m more interested in making a cozy home than designing an interesting building.
8. I was the pitcher (and a pretty good one, if I may say so) on an all boys baseball team when I was about 12. I’ve never really played again since then.
Well, there you have it. Nothing too interesting or earth shattering, but you know a little more about me than you did a few minutes ago.
I’m not going to tag anyone in particular, but if you feel like sharing 8 things about yourself, please leave me a comment and let me know so I can check out your list.