Well, I guess that’s it, summer’s over. We hooked the wood stove up to the chimney today and enjoyed our first fire!
Those of you who have been around here for a while might recognize our lovely Jotul stove, which we were careful to remove from the old house before we listed it for sale last year (there was no way I was going to leave it behind!).
Of course, as soon as the fire really got going, the sun came out, and before too long we had all of the windows open to cool the house down. The good news is, the smoke all went up the chimney where it belongs, so it passed the test run, and we can feel secure in the knowledge that we won’t freeze this winter!
There’s been a lot going around here since we last spoke, so I’ll try to be better about posting.