Phelan tagged me with this book meme yesterday. I’ve never done one before, so here goes:
1. One book that changed your life – hardest question first.
Inventing the Future by David Suzuki. Read this as a teen. It was one of the first books that I ever read about environmental issues and it helped solidify a bunch of feelings that I already had.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once.
Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren. Read it several times as a kid, and then recently to my kids – one of my favorites! I don’t usually re-read books, maybe because it would take time away from reading something new!
3. One book that you’d want on a desert island.
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, just because her books are so darn fun and would help the time pass quickly.
4. One book that made you laugh.
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. One of my favorite books of all time (could also count as the book that made me cry).
5. One book that made you cry.
Night by Elie Wiesel. A powerful memoir of a young Jewish boy’s experience at the hands of the Nazis.
6. One book that you wish you had written.
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver – brilliant.
7. One book you wish had never been written.
I don’t know, anything that inspires hatred in people. Mein Kampf, maybe?
8. One book that you are reading at the moment.
The Long Emergency by James Howard Kunstler.
9. One book that you’ve been meaning to read.
Anything by Jane Austen (I know, I know! I’ve been scolded numerous times for being so negligent!).
10. Tag five others that you’d like to do this meme.